UltraSlot is used in external concrete areas which are subject to constant traffic, such as airports & ports. The system is designed to ensure sufficient depth of concrete cover over the main body of the channel to withstand ultra heavy-duty loads.
The channel top edge has an outward fold for protection over the edge of the concrete encasement/surround, to prevent damage. Innovative channel features; concrete anchors, stabilising bars, channel feet and others, ensure the channel has a physical connection to steel reinforcing and is properly tied into the concrete encasement/surround, to create a strong, solid and durable structure.
UltraSlot Treadsafe Bar: A Treadsafe Bar can be fitted to the UltraSlot channel, which reduces the slot opening from 30mm wide to 2x9mm wide slots. This has no effect on the intake capacity of the system but will make the channel safe to cross when used in locations where pedestrians are walking over the area. The NEW through spacer gives designers the flexibility to pass cables or other services through the channel throat as well as detail additional reinforcing for CastSlot and UltraSlot products. The new locking design ensures alignment and a tight fit prior to taping and pouring.
Load Classification: A15 to F900
- Strong and durable
- Rigid steel lining
- High capacity
- Stepped fall & self-cleansing
- Maximum intake
- Continuous interception(reduced wash-over)
- Fewer channel joints
- Time and cost savings
- Quick installation
- Easy to handle
- Impact resistant
- High quality finish
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Safe system
- Tamper proof
- No moveable parts
- Simple system, quick design
- Precise and aesthetic
- Design flexibility
- Proven performance
- Quality assurance
Materials & Finishes
- Channels should be impact-resistant and manufactured from galvanised sheet steel to BS EN 10346: DX51D+Z275-NA-C.
- Channel material should have 0% water absorption.
- All materials used in manufacture of channel units should be heat resistant and recyclable.
- The manufacturer should ideally operate in accordance with the European Environmental Standard BS EN ISO 14001.
- Channel units should be level invert and supplied in 3.0m, 1.0m or 0.5m lengths